Friends of the Mercer Island Book Sale in October 2009. (Photo by Joel Wachs)
As part of the Friends of the Mercer Island’s upcoming Book Sale and Silent Auction next month, the King County Library Service created a bookmark. A big “thank you” to KCLS and their staff.
We thought that our members and community would enjoy having these bookmarks. (We have actually heard of folks who are collectors of bookmarks.) So, we have uploaded the document, which, in fact, contains three identical bookmarks. Please feel free to download and print them out. Maybe give one of the bookmarks to a friend.
The Friends of the Mercer Island Library’s Silent Auction runs from August 16, 2011 to September 6, 2011. Some of the items available include:
- The World of Charles Addams
- Aftermath, World Trade Center Archive by Joel Meyerwitz
- Albrecht Durer and the Animal and Plant Studies of the Renaissance by Fritz Koreny
- Pearl Jam Place/Date text by Charles Mercer, photos by Lance Peterson
- The Grateful Dead. Limited slip case edition
- Vertebrae by Samuel Green. Autographed copy
- Pacific Northwest, The Beautiful Cookbook by Kathy Casey
- Orlando (The Marmalade Cat). A Seaside Holiday by Kathleen Hale
All of the items will be in the display cabinet by the entrance to the Mercer Island Library. A complete list of items in the auction was posted yesterday on our website.
The Friends of the Mercer Island Library’s Fall Book Sale will run from Friday, September 9, 2011 to Sunday, September 11, 2011. We anticipate having over 10,000 quality books and media at the sale. There will be a special early members-only opening of the Book Sale from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, September 8, 2011.
All proceeds from the Silent Auction and Book Sale go to support Mercer Island Library programs and activities.
The Mercer Island Library is located at 4400 88th Avenue SE, Mercer Island, WA.